Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things: A New Series


I've decided to start doing a regular monthly blog of things that I currently like/love. Such as books, photographers, activities, etc. I think it will be a fun way for more people to get involved, since I want to hear what you (the readers) are currently like too! You can post a review of something I put up, something you are currently into or suggest something that you would like to see in the future.

1. Thirst Relief International: Jim Davis-Hicks started this foundation a few years back. Thirst Relief brings filtered water to countries in need. The team teaches the locals how to build bio-sand filters so they might have jobs and provide clean water to their villages/towns. To read more about Thirst Relief and how you can get involved, visit www.thirstrelief.org.

2. The Purple Cow: I am currently reading this AMAZING marketing book. Seth Godin is an incredible author and marketing mind. The book slogan is "Transform your business by being remarkable." I think that says it all!

3. Arizona: Why do I like it? Because the drivers license's don't expire till you're 65 years old!

4. Photographers for Haiti: A coalition of professional photographers raising money through photo sessions to help with Haiti Relief. To learn more, visit www.photographersforhaiti.showitsite.com.

5. Invaluable: Written by yet another marketing mastermind, Dave Crenshaw. I bought the book today and can't wait to read it! "The Secret to Becoming Irreplaceable"

6. Peanut M&M's: Just because they're amazing! A great summer snack :)

7. Seadoo: A-MA-ZING-NESS (Said in that over-dramatic operatic voice...you know the one!) This is by far one of my favorite things to do. Riding the wake of house-boats on Lake Powell...or barges in Coronado Bay, CA...there's no many things that can beat that! [Although hiking to the Grand Canyon and coming up on top of Havasupai Falls gives seadoo's a run for their money!]

1 comment:

Charlie Kirschenmann said...

Good Stuff... mmm peanut M&Ms